Friday, November 11, 2005

Could this week get ANY worse!!! The weekend previous a young girl of thriteen was run over three times and poor Melody was the only one who stopped. The group the girl was with was trying to cross the high way IN THE DARK instead of under the over pass. None of the cars that hit her stopped and the rest of the group flagged down Melody who called 911 and had to check the body. Melody has been a friend of the family since we got here. She's been traumatized by having to check the dead girl's body so she could inform the operator for 911.

Then Tuesday I find out that my oldest friend has lost her husband. She has two beautiful children that she will need to take care of. Her family has surrounded her in hopes of comforting her. She's only a few months older than I am. I was Maid of Honor at their wedding, they helped Clay and I work through some really hard times. They were happy when we got married and ecstatic when we called to say we were pregnant. I can't believe he's gone. I cried and cried the morning she told me. I wanted so to be there with her holding her hands and letting her cry. Her heart is broken and I can't fix it.

Then yesterday I started cramping and bleeding. Clay took me to the emergancy room. They checked the baby and then did a pelvic exam. Baby is healthy and whole but my I'm dialated a full 1 centemeter. The odds they gave me last night were 50/50 and said there was nothing anyone could do but to call my OBGYN in the morning.
I called Amy this morning and she squeezed me in. She says that the odds of keeping the baby are much higher than 50% (thought she couldn't give me an exact percentage) but she put me on bed rest for the next two weeks minimum. I see her again on Tuesday for our regularly scheduled appointment. This means I can't go to the funeral in Thomaston or to the Ren Fair in Magnolia. I'm beginning to feel like I shouldn't get out of bed for the rest of the pregnancy. Fortunatly mom heard from Kate that she had a friend who had the same thing happen and what they did was kept her in bed, took care of her, and gave birth to a lovely baby girl and later had another child. So there is a brake in the clouds but the skies are still muddled. The cramps have nearly stopped at least they are down to a level one and much less frequent.

This week has been bad enough, I really need it to stop being such a
terrible, awful, horrible, no good, very bad week. My family is staying with me today and probably will stay this weekend looking after me. I couldn't ask for better treatment.

No comments: